© 2007 Aideretech
Aidertech together with Finnish Health Technology Association FiHTA and the Tekes FinnWell program have invited Dr. Frank Block to assist Finnish companies in good usability design in their solutions 6.8.2007
Dr. Block will be available for private consultation. For more information, please contact Jan Ekström at Aidertech Oy (mobile +358-40-5401302, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dr. Block is
· Full Member of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
· User Co-Chairman of the AAMI Human Engineering Committee
· One of the authors of the AAMI National Standard, “Human factors engineering guidelines and preferred practices for the design of medical devices.”
· Member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists Committee on Equipment and Facilities from 1996 to the present
· Expert member of the Joint ISO/IEC Working Group on Alarms from 1997 to the present.
Dr. Block has published more than 35 papers in peer-reviewed journals. Most of his papers deal with medical devices and electronic medical records, human factors, and alarms. He has given presentations in several countries. Since 2004, Dr. Block has served as a Consultant to Draeger Medical Systems, Andover, Massachusetts. Before that he worked as a consultant to Datex-Ohmeda (now a part of GE Healthcare) for 17 years and has lived in Finland for over a year.